Tired of getting no results with old-fashioned, Bible-based Christianity? It's time to go off the map with Bill Johnson, Kris Vallotton and all of their New Apostolic Reformation friends! In this first episode of this series we will focus on the fortune-telling aspect of the "Encounter Gospel," so get out your tarot cards, oops... I mean get out your Destiny Cards and let's get started! Here's a quick summary of the new and better Gospel of the Kingdom:
- People aren't really that bad, they just need to be convinced of how special they are-they need to understand their "true identity."
- Religion is the real source of people's problems, not rebellion against God (sin).
- God is desperately trying to get people to "accept" Him, but He's been hindered by the historic Christian Church, with its specific, Biblical teachings about Salvation, Heaven and Hell, The Atonement of Jesus Christ, and all other forms of unnecessary "head knowledge" found in the Bible.
- People would believe in God if they could just see some proof for themselves.
- Bethel teaches how to give people the proof they need to believe that God is real, He loves them, and He wants all of their dreams to come true so they can fulfill their "Destiny."
How does Bethel teach you to provide proof of God's existence? How can you convert anyone you want?
Give people an "encounter with God." This is the new and better "Gospel of the Kingdom!"
- Tell them something about themselves that can only be known supernaturally, exactly like a psychic, only much better!
- Always tell them something good about themselves; especially about how they have a great "Destiny" and how God thinks they're amazing.
- Do NOT call this fortune-telling, call it prophecy. Examples: "I operate in the prophetic," or "I have a prophetic gifting/anointing/mantle/office," or "Wow! I received a prophecy from Theresa and it was dead-on!" or "These aren't tarot cards-they're prophecy cards!"
- It helps if you have some stock phrases memorized ahead of time, like these: "I'm sensing a shift in the atmosphere," or "You've been waiting for a breakthrough, haven't you?" or "God wants you to know that you're very special and He hasn't forgotten about you."
- If your prospect appears skeptical or nervous, assure them that you're getting direct downloads from the third heaven realm.
- Remember, you want people to feel confirmed, accepted and convinced of their value as unregenerate and unreconciled people ("sinners"); so do NOT mention outdated ideas like the need to repent before a Holy and Sovereign God who is angry at their sin. This means that Jesus dying on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins can (and should) be ignored.
- If you don't have effective fortune-telling skills you can always bring people to a manipulative "church" service (the bigger the better!), where highly emotional music is performed, theatrical stagecraft with dramatic lighting is utilized, and unverifiable stories are repeated by skillful speakers who can sell God's "Presence" and convince audience members to make "decisions" for Jesus.
- Our next installment in this series will explain the Hypnotic Worship "Encounter Gospel"
Here are some NAR filmmakers and pastors talking about the Encounter Gospel that they gladly teach and promote: