Some pastors encourage Sunday school students to memorize Bible verses. But at Elevation Church, it's all about The Code. Pastor Steven Furtick wants ALL students to memorize not just one or two, but at least six (there are more) of the mandates of this church. Mandates like No.4: "We Are United Under One Vision. Elevation is built on the vision God gave Pastor Steven. We will aggressively defend our unity and that vision."
What's The Code? It's not exactly like the Apostle's Creed. At all. Let's see how many references to Jesus, the Cross, Salvation, Redemption and Hope the kiddos will learn about:
"We understand what God has done in and through our church is not normal. The only explanation is God’s hand of favor and mercy over a group of people willing to follow Him faithfully. To help maintain our unity, tone, and trajectory, we developed 12 core values as a church that make us unique. We call it The Code." 1. We Act in Audacious Faith In order to dominate a city with the gospel of Jesus, we can’t think small. We will set impossible goals, take bold steps of faith and watch God move.
2. We Are a Generation of Honor We freely give honor to those above us, beside us and under us because of the calling and potential God has placed inside of them.
3. We Lead the Way in Generosity Our staff and church will go above and beyond to give sacrificially to the work of God in our city.
4. We Are United Under One Vision Elevation is built on the vision God gave Pastor Steven. We will aggressively defend our unity and that vision
5. We Need Your Seat We will not cater to personal preference in our mission to reach this city. We are more concerned with the people we are trying to reach than the people we are trying to keep.
6. We Think Inside The Box We will embrace our limitations. They will inspire our greatest creativity and innovation
7. We Dress For The Wedding We will continually increase our capacity by structuring for where we want to go, not where we are. We will remain on the edge of our momentum by overreacting to harness strategic momentum initiatives.
8. We are Ruth’s Chris, Not Golden Corral Simplicity enables excellence. We place a disproportionate value on creating a worship experience that boldly celebrates Jesus and attracts people far from God.
9. We Are All About The Numbers Tracking metrics measures effectiveness. We unapologetically set goals and measure progress through all available quantitative means.
10. We Eat The Fish And Leave The Bones We will always maintain a posture of learning. We seek to learn from everyone and incorporate a variety of influences into our methodology.
11. We Are Known for What We Are For We will speak vision and life over our people. We will lift up the salvation of Jesus rather than using our platform to condemn.
12. We Will Not Take This for Granted What we are experiencing is not normal. This is the highest calling, and we will remain grateful for God’s hand of favor.
Source: Elevation Church