Today we're covering news out of Orange County and Saddleback Church, where megachurch pastor Rick Warren has announced he is cancelling the presidential forum he was planning with President Obama and Mitt Romney. We've posted a story on our website from the Orange County Register, the only news source able to interview Warren about his reasons for cancelling what was the most watched forum back in 2008 between Obama and McCain. We'll cover this in our second segment. We're also covering a new report about what seems to be a disturbing pattern of hostility toward Christians in the United States.
In the first segment, we’re checking in with Laurie Cardoza Moore, founder of Proclaiming Justice to the Nations (PJTN), about Christians in Israel and Palestine. Laurie is here to share some insight on where our U.S. political candidates stand on some important issues in the Middle East, in particular with our presidential election coming up. PJTN is a ministry to educate Christian believers about biblical truth as it relates to Israel, and the dangerous lies that we’re being told in the West about the true nature of events in the Middle East.
- GOP ticket pro-Israel (onenewsnow.com)
- Israel Outraged as South Africa Decides to Label Yesha Products (israelnationalnews.com)
- Israel: Israeli Identity and its Security Dilemmas (ionglobaltrends.com)
- S Africa approves 'Made in Palestine' labels (aljazeera.com)
- Tackling injustice in Middle East (lfpress.com)
- On the agenda for PC(USA) assembly (onenewsnow.com)
- Chaos and Hope in the Middle East (thegospelcoalition.org)