These days there seems to be a subtle message from the Church to the man: "Don't worry, we've got this." That takes the godly pressure off the man to spiritually lead his family. The church is willing to do it for him! You may not realize this, guys, but:
• 4% of Christian men pray with their wife on a daily basis • Less than 33% of Christian men lead a family devotion at least once a week. • 22% of men have a daily time alone with God.
What is authentic manhood? Today's Christian man typically sees his responsibility to just connect his family to the church, faithfully attend, affirm the church and support it with time and money. How do we encourage men to become strong spiritual leaders in their church and in their homes? Men's leadership teacher and coach Dean Roddy is back with us to discuss what it takes to be godly leaders at home and in church.
Then later on, we're talking about a New Kind of Sexuality for Christians in these modern times, at least according to Jim Wallis' SoJo blog. The question:
- The Liberal Roots of the Emergent Church (lamblion.us)
- WHY MEN AREN’T LEADING AT CHURCH AND HOME
- A BIBLICAL MANDATE TO MAN-UP
- The Age Of The "Dumb" Church (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Can Christian Women Have It All? Debunking the Work-Life Balance Myth (christianitytoday.com)