The Bible says we are to submit to our government, no matter who is in charge:
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.~Romans 13:1-7 ESV
Here are more verses from the Old and New Testament that speak of submitting to human authority in our churches and in government.
Questions: Is it ever permissible to disobey governing authorities? What belongs to Caesar?
Today we're talking about these questions with political writer Robert Meyer. You can check out his Renew America articles here. We're also referencing A Christian Manifesto, a book by Francis Schaeffer showing why morality and freedom have crumbled in our society. A Christian Manifesto is literally a call for Christians to change the course of history by returning to biblical Truth and by allowing Christ to be Lord in all of life.
- Two preachers arrested for preaching to "captive audience" (standupforthetruth.com)
- Judge Not: Abusing Matthew 7:1 (standupforthetruth.com)
- Do good Christians make bad citizens? (wordsofgrace.wordpress.com)
- Christians Are Commanded by God To Submit To Their Government (faithnotions.wordpress.com)
- Our Proper Response to Government (compassiondave.wordpress.com)
- Christians and the culture of tolerance (standupforthetruth.com)