Today we're meeting Matt Moore, a 23-year-old blogger who found himself immersed in the homosexual lifestyle along with heavy drinking. But a couple years ago Matt learned who God is, and just how much stronger the transformational love of Jesus Christ is over what Matt thought was an impossible bondage to break. He first shared his testimony on his blog, and as you can imagine it drew a huge reaction from his friends, the gay community and from people all over the world, many of whom struggle with this stronghold of sexual sin. We humbly apologize to our listeners and to Matt for the first few minutes of the podcast not being recorded today.
We first heard about Matt last week when he wrote an eloquent response to another Matthew--Matthew Vines, a gay man whose viral video about how Christians have misinterpreted the Bible's stance against homosexuality. Here's the Vines video, which sadly has many pastors reconsidering Truth. As if after thousands of years, a 23-year-old gay man can prove God meant something different from what He said in His Word:
Our guest responded to Vines with this post:
God Condones Homosexuality? (Response to Matthew Vines)
Unlike many of the people that disagree with you, I can actually empathize with you. I am just as attracted to the same sex as you are, and like you I did not choose those attractions. I am your age, almost 23, and for the past two years I have also been on a search for truth. My search differs from yours, though. You see, I was already unashamedly accepting of my homosexual feelings and was out to everyone that I knew by the age of 20. Then, in Sept of 2010, God interrupted my life and caused me to take a more massive U-Turn than I could have ever imagined. Over the past two years I have come to know God, study His Word, and understand homosexuality in a way that I never had before.... (Read More)
- Exodus International This network of interdenominational Christian ministries offers support to men and women seeking to overcome same-sex attraction (homosexuality). Exodus maintains a referral list of ministries, churches, and individuals. It also publishes a newsletter and sponsors conferences. Call or write for an introductory packet of information. PO Box 540119, Orlando, FL 32854, phone 407-599-6872.
- Coming Out Again Ministries A Christian ministry that provides a personal biblical counseling and discipleship program, family support groups, family network placement program, program books, workbooks, CDs, DVDs and other services for free to those who are accepted to the discipleship program.
- Love in Action A Christ-centered ministry for those seeking freedom for homosexuality. It offers nonresidential and residential programs.
- New Direction for Life Ministries A Christian group in Canada that offers support to those choosing to leave same-sex attraction (homosexuality), and equipping the church to minister effectively and compassionately.
- One by One The ex-gay ministry of the Presbyterian church. P.O. Box 10055, Rochester, NY 14610, phone: 716/482-1991.
- SameSexAttraction.org An informational Web site that explains the issues about same-sex attraction (homosexuality) and provides alternatives for those who choose not to be gay. Based on traditional Judeo-Christian beliefs. Contains practical helps and resources.
- Transforming Congregations A ministry of United Methodist Churches that affirms "the Biblical position that God loves all persons, that homosexual practice is one sin among many and that the Holy Spirit is available to transform all persons - including homosexual persons." P.O. Box 7146, Penndel, PA 19047, phone: 215/752-9655.
- True Freedom Trust A Christian, ex-gay ministry based in the United Kingdom.
- Where Grace Abounds A Christian ministry that guides and supports men and women who seek to understand sexuality and relationship, and to inspire all people to know and personally appropriate God's plan for their sexuality and relationships. Provides help with sexual addiction, pornography, past sexual abuse, homosexuality, sexual identity, false intimacy, boundaries, and codependency.
- Witness Freedom Ministries, Inc. African American outreach, evangelism and support to same-sex-attracted men and women.
- Bridge of Hope A Christian ministry based in Wisconsin whose mission is to equip churches, friends and families to understand and help those struggling with homosexuality by speaking the truth in love.
- Reclamation Resource Center of Oshkosh, Wis. Real and lasting change is available to those who desire freedom from unwanted homosexual attractions. There is also help for families and friends of gays, lesbians and bisexuals to reconcile with their loved ones, but not at the expense of their values. Reclamation Resource Center does this by proclaiming the reality of homosexuality and change to all who will listen and by offering a message of grace concerning homosexuality and Christianity. We also provide information about the ex-gay experience and a compassionate dialogue about homosexuality and the Bible.
- Testimony of Blogger Rescued From Gay Lifestyle Inspires Others (christianpost.com)
- The Matthew Vines video ~ and a response (standupforthetruth.com)
- My Story: Homosexuality, Drunkenness, Grace and Redemption. (CP Blogs)
- What is sexual orientation? (carm.org)
- Gay Christianity Refuted: James White's Full Response to Matthew Vines (christianresearchnetwork.org)