Whether it's in our government or from the pulpit in front of the American Church, success is becoming the pinnacle of how we measure what's important. Pastor Matt Chandler, who leads the Village Church in Texas, recently warned that pastors are measuring success through the size of their churches and the growth of their platforms, rather than focus on what Jesus told us to do in the Great Commission. (Read the Christian Post article here.)
Today we're talking about why Matt Chandler has become controversial. Here is the video from the Code Orange Revival which was censored from the rebroadcast from Elevation Church. What do you see in this video that could have upset the apple cart?
What about transparency and honesty at the polls? Our guest in the first segment today is Julaine Appling of Wisconsin Family Action, where she is an advocate for marriage, family, life and liberty in Madison. The educati0n arm of this organization is Wisconsin Family Council, and here Julaine works to forward Judeo-Christian principles and values by informing citizens, churches and policymakers about important pro-family legislative and cultural issues so they will be inspired to get involved in preserving and strengthening marriage and family in Wisconsin.
- Matt Chandler Warns Pastors of Dangers of Seeking 'Success' (christianresearchnetwork.com)
- Is Church Discipline Going Rogue? (thewartburgwatch.com)
- Blaze Readers: Hurt By Your Church? Here Are Your Faith Poll Results (theblaze.com)
- Wisconsin Earns Good, Not Great, Marks on ALEC's State Education Performance Index (maciverinstitute.com)
- Freedom from what? Pharisees, heresies and the Law (standupforthetruth.com)