This week we've been talking about the arrogance of the Pharisees. It's an attitude we see in every segment of our world today. Ads on television keep telling us we "deserve" something better, newer, easier and more luxurious. No wonder our society is rife with narcissism. But is this "us-centered" culture a prevalent mindset in our relationship with God? Do we conform His image into our own, or are we willing to let Him define who we are? Today we're talking about the slow fade of Christ-followers and the Church into the world, simply because of the choices we make, and the compromise we allow.
Our guest Dave Wager will help us delve into this conversation. Dave is the founder of Silver Birch Ranch and Nicolet Bible College, and author of several books including his newest, Ideas Have Consequences. Check out Dave’s Blog here.
- Hello My Name is Amanda Bowers and I Am (Was) A False Teacher (hearshisvoice.wordpress.com)
- To women: Be transformed, stop conforming (onenewsnow.com)
- Leading Our Youth To Slaughter? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Spiritual Formation: A deceptive path (standupforthetruth.com)
- Cultural Narcissism And A Titanic Lesson (via Harry Reeder) (garyware.me)
- "Contextualization" of the Gospel - A Free-Falling Catastrophe (standupforthetruth.com)
- A New Age primer for Christians (standupforthetruth.com)