If innovation in technology fascinates you, today's show will be a real eye-opener. God gave His human creations an incredible intellect, and we're now seeing some of the most amazing advances in medicine, computer science, biology, nanotechnology, aerospace engineering, biometrics, robotics and other technologies like never before. Consider some of the latest emerging innovations*:
- RFID microchips are being implanted in thousands of elderly Americans living with Alzheimer's disease who are at risk of wandering off, and also being implanted into many people who are chronically ill so doctors can access their medical information quickly in an emergency.
- Amazon gained patent for a program that would track where users go with mobile devices and use such information to predict where they’ll go next in order to best target them with personalized ads and coupons.
- We now have "smart dust," particles that are no larger than grains of rice, that are fitted with computing power, sensing equipment, wireless radios and long battery life. Smart dust will relay mountains of real-time data about people, cities and the natural environment.
- Scientists are experimenting with wireless brain implants called the "pacification chip" that can be remotely activated by the government through cell tower bursts or hand-held units by police to help quell rowdy or angry crowds. There are also reports of "money chips" that can be used in stores instead of cash.
- And as we reported earlier this week, in the name of preventing identity theft and social welfare fraud, India has become the first country to start a Biometric ID Program for every citizen --that's millions of people getting their retinas, faces and fingers scanned--1 million being processed every 24 hours as we speak.
How do all of these things fit in with what the Bible says, especially in what both Old and New Testament prophets said about what is to come? Our special guest in studio is Mary Danielsen, a teacher and writer who has studied prophesy for 3 decades. Check out her site, thethings2com.org, and read her “Contender’s Series.”
- The chips that are good for your health
- An obituary for the Emerging Church? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Off-the-Cliff Notes (thethings2come.org)
- Prophecy 101 (thethings2come.org)
- The Titanic - Patch the Hole or Abandon Ship? (standupforthetruth.com)
- The Great Evangelical Divide (standupforthetruth.com)
- A universal religion: Is it possible? (standupforthetruth.com)
- How Attaching Smartphones to Microscopes Could Change Global Health (mashable.com)